It indeed has been some time since I've found the will and inspiration to write. It's led me to think that there are times where silence is required and is an absolute necessity for personal growth. I'm sure many will agree on that issue. However, if there is a solitary pursuit that I enjoy that can be shared too--it is no doubt writing. It's a consistent and steady work-in-progress pursuit that will likely be never-ending. So while this post may be short and sweet, I do want to discuss something here. Maybe some of you can relate, at least that is my hope. Much of what I write in my spare time is fictional but this blog is more observational. Eventually, it will have a bit of everything, and not all will be quite as heavy as some topics but this is one I really feel needs to be addressed.
We often make several plans enthusiastically, and some of us actually see them through. The challenge is reacting appropriately to the hurdles we may face. This is something I do not do well, let alone even see half those plans through to completion. In fact, an admission here is that I have not finished many-a-things I started. Believe me, the list is long and exhaustive. Sure, some things I did complete such as schooling, obtaining degrees, and working. However, a lot has remained in the land of the seldom-visited projects. So, when we set out to accomplish goals or projects--it's important to take it step-by-step or slowly if needed. It may seem like common sense but it is one of the hardest lessons to learn for me. I try to reach for too much on my plate or react impulsively without the foresight to look at things critically.
In blogging here today, I am reminded of the cliched waking up and smelling the roses phrase or in my case, coffee. So, I will smell the coffee today.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.