I realize now that it's become a commonplace ritual for many of us to have coffee. Perhaps, it's been that way for a long time. But I notice that my day feels somewhat incomplete if I don't have that first cup of coffee in the morning. I may not always eat breakfast but I literally never forget to have a bit of coffee once I wake up. Sure, in the past I have had coffee at all times of the day before but for some reason, the morning cup seems to make all the difference.
I don't know what power coffee in the morning has but it's akin to reading the morning newspaper. If you're anything like some of my family members, perhaps you wake up very early before it gets too warm and sit outside on your patio in a meditative state with that fresh cup. For me, the promise of a perfect cup and morning cartoons were my main motivators. They still are.
I suppose it's something of a tradition in my family to sit together and have coffee in the morning. Of course, this tradition stuck with me well past my high school days and college. It got me thinking about associations we have with many foods or drinks. For me, there's something comforting and natural about that cup of coffee in the AM. Now that I'm on my own, it's my daily ritual--and it's time to create new food and drink associations. Seasons and tastes change--this season I hope to try new things. I don't know that I'd ever give up my morning coffee but perhaps, I can segue into afternoon teas! Who knows?
COFEEEEE!
ReplyDeleteCOFFEEE!
ReplyDeleteHow do you make a blog so I can commment on your blog etc?
ReplyDelete